Re: I asked Hacker News what developers want from a desktop, and this is what they said

On Tue, Nov 08, 2016 at 10:23:39AM -0500, Bastien Nocera wrote:

> > > I think that being the best GNOME Workstation distributor would go a long
> > > way towards making Fedora the de facto choice for GNOME use, and that would
> > > likely be more effective than slapping non-upstream logos in places.
> >
> > What I think Matthew and I are trying to say is that this is a very limited
> > and
> > GNOME-centric perspective. Fedora is more than just GNOME. It has to be,
> > otherwise what is the point? You can run GNOME on dozens of other
> > distributions.
>
> You can run it with as good an integration as Fedora on... well, Fedora and
> spins/remixes.

That's a valid point. Ubuntu is Unity, and Debian's popcon indicates
only 30% installations have gnome-shell. But Fedora has gnome-shell in majority
of installations, so it's justified to say that Fedora is Gnome, and Gnome
is Fedora.

I don't see what the big issue about the background logo is:
it is small, unobtrusive, and a lot like a sticker ;)
So yeah, let's work on the best possible integration of Gnome and
Fedora, and not attach too much weight to details like that: after all
it's not something that users complain about.

Zbyszek