Re: Dropping i686 media for F24

On Thu, 2016-01-14 at 12:29 -0700, Chris Murphy wrote:

> Is there any precedent for an official (blocking) product, to have an
> arch that is non-blocking? Fedora Server has ARM, but they block on
> it.

There's a Workstation ARM image too, I think, that's not considered
blocking.

But I don't think we really need an exact precedent, it's a pretty
simple situation, it really works just like any other shipped-but-not-
release-blocking media, of which we have many.

>  So it seems like it's a grey area whether there can be such an
> unofficial non-blocking variant of Workstation

I don't really see it as a grey area. Of course we can, we just...say
that's what it is. All the definitions of what's 'release blocking' and
what isn't are basically done by fiat, i.e. every image is just what we
say it is.

I'm not saying we *ought* to do this, I don't really care either way.
I'm just saying it's a valid and reasonable option.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey