Re: Do we really need LibreOffice installed by default?

On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 6:08 PM, Paul W. Frields <stickster@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Of course, so the image is necessarily larger as a result.  But I
question whether the difference saved by eliminating LO would really
impact people's ability to download.  I'd expect someone who can't
download a 1.2GB image wouldn't have their problem solved by only
downloading a ~750-950MB image.

Downloading a smaller image is cheaper (if you pay per byte) and it's faster. I, for example, have to wait an hour and a half to download a workstation compose these days, some of the composes being 1.4GB.

--
-Elad Alfassa.