Re: Updated Fedora Workstation PRD draft

On 11/27/2013 02:26 PM, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 02:19:48PM -0500, Máirín Duffy wrote:
>
>> Developers aren't the target audience for apple (or at least they
>> haven't been, see [1].) I would argue historically their target users
>> were artists / designers / musicians and students. The only mac labs at
>> my college way back when for instance was only available to students in
>> the electronic arts dept. My first exposure to a mac was in middle
>> school art class where we had a single mac for scanning and photoshop usage.
>
> Well, I guess that's my point. OS X has been wildly successful at
> attracting developers without having them as their primary audience. Why
> do we think we need to explicitly target developers?

See my other post to you. Didn't you experience how, even though there
weren't nearly as many software titles available for Mac and how much
more popular PCs were, the Mac people were rabidly fanatical about Macs?
I mean, it was hard to find a lukewarm / apathetic Mac user. The people
who used it loved it. They broadened from that base.

~m