Re: system-config-printers trouble

Tim Waugh wrote:
I would love for system-config-printers to be re-written so that it
doesn't keep its own configuration but configures CUPS directly.  See
the discussion on fedora-devel-list.

I read the thread there, and I don't know whether a lot of people from there are also on this list, but I will post the follwoing idea here: About browsing and filtering fake printers: How about signed browse packets, so the user can say "accept only packets from my homeserver and packets signed with this key". That should rule out a lot of problems no?

Remco Poelstra