Re: system-config-printers trouble

On Wed, Feb 02, 2005 at 04:36:48PM +0100, Remco Poelstra wrote:

> The problem is that the parsing of printers.conf by printconf does not
> work correctly: the device URL is wrongly interpreted. After clicking
> 'apply' in printconf, the printerconfiguration is totally useless.

The rawhide package doesn't even try to import print queues created
outside system-config-printer, so that might help.

> And is there any chance that system-config-printers is going to support
> CUPS in a rationalized way? IE, communicating with the deamon instead of
> keeping it's own configuartion which doesn't integrate with the rest of
> the system.

I would love for system-config-printers to be re-written so that it
doesn't keep its own configuration but configures CUPS directly.  See
the discussion on fedora-devel-list.

The trouble is it needs designing properly first.  Would you be
willing to help with that?

Thanks,
Tim.
*/