Re: system-config-printers trouble

Tim Waugh wrote:
The rawhide package doesn't even try to import print queues created
outside system-config-printer, so that might help.

Oh, ok, nice to know that. Leaves me wondering why the printer definition is changed and not kept or removed.
Might be some far hidden config trouble on my PC.

I would love for system-config-printers to be re-written so that it
doesn't keep its own configuration but configures CUPS directly.  See
the discussion on fedora-devel-list.

The trouble is it needs designing properly first.  Would you be
willing to help with that?

Yes, I think so, depends on what you expect from me. I've some C experience but not very much. I've tried Python once, but didn't really like it.

Don't know about copyrights etc, but Ubuntu seems to have a nice tool... I haven't used it, but I saw it by a friend of mine... Perhaps that could be used?

Remco Poelstra