Writing a system task scheduler

Hello all,
I just got to know that Fedora Core needs a System Task Scheduler for
configuring cron & at. I want to know if there is anybody who is
already working on it, or else I'd like to start writing one myself.
If there is any ongoing project on it kindly point me to that.
If there isn't any project, I'd like to know (from the maintainer and
the experts) what are the requirements for that so that I get some
idea of what exactly is required.
Regards,
-bg-

--