Re: Inquiry Regarding OpenSSL 3.0 Support for Cyrus Sasl - 2.1.28

--On Friday, January 5, 2024 8:14 PM -0500 "madhu.krishna.gundelli via SASL" <sasl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Dear Noah,

Thank you for the update on the successful build of Cyrus SASL against
OpenSSL 3.2. We appreciate your efforts in ensuring compatibility and
stability.

Regarding our requirements, we specifically need to confirm compatibility
with OpenSSL 3.0. Could you please verify if the current build is
compliant with OpenSSL 3.0? If not, would it be feasible for you to work
on adapting the build for compatibility with OpenSSL 3.0?

Moreover, we're interested in understanding the code changes made for
OpenSSL 3.2 integration with SASL. Could you kindly share any relevant
code modifications or updates made for this integration? Having access to
this information would greatly assist our evaluation process.

Your assistance in addressing these queries would be immensely helpful.

OpenSSL 3.0 support work has only been done in the master branch, and is not part of any existing release. Also, Noah is not a member of the development team working on cyrus-sasl, they were letting you know what they did.

Regards
Quanah