Re: Inquiry Regarding OpenSSL 3.0 Support for Cyrus Sasl - 2.1.28

madhu.krishna.gundelli via SASL wrote:
> Hi Jered,
>
> Thank you for your prompt response and the valuable information provided. I have thoroughly examined the suggested source repository and the specific commit you
> mentioned:
> https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/cyrus-sasl/c/84a6dfd794269883983287d5c7c764175a10b76f?branch=rawhide
>

> Upon closer inspection, I observed that the OpenSSL 3.0 code changes are primarily concentrated in the following files:
>
>  1. plugins/digestmd5.c
>  2. configure.ac
>  3. cyrus-sasl.spec
>
> Additionally, in the course of my investigation, I identified deprecated APIs in the following files:
>
>  1. ./plugins/srp.c
>       * HMAC_CTX_free
>       * HMAC_CTX_new
>       * HMAC_Init_ex
>       * HMAC_Update
>       * HMAC_Final

The above was fixed in eb77d5baf156e7609c9add92834864b37d3c7fb4 in git master.

>  2. ./plugins/passdss.c
>       * DSA_new
>       * DSA_free
>       * DH_size
>       * DH_compute_key
>       * DSA_do_verify
>       * HMAC_Init_ex
>       * HMAC_Update
>       * HMAC_Final
>       * DH_new
>       * DH_generate_key
>       * DSA_generate_key
>       * DSA_do_sign

Looks like none of the above has been addressed yet. You're welcome to submit a patch to fix it.

>  3. ./plugins/ntlm.c
>       * HMAC_CTX_new
>       * HMAC_CTX_reset
>       * HMAC_Init_ex
>       * HMAC_Update
>       * HMAC_Final
>       * HMAC_CTX_free
>       * DES_set_odd_parity
>       * DES_set_key
>       * DES_ecb_encrypt

NTLM is obsolete and should not be used any more. It has already been deleted from git master. Patches to update the code to support OpenSSL 3 will be ignored.

--
  -- Howard Chu