Inquiry Regarding OpenSSL 3.0 Support for Cyrus Sasl - 2.1.28

Dear Sasl Support Team,

My name is Madhu Krishna, and I am a representative of IBM India. I am reaching out to seek information about the current support status of OpenSSL 3.0 in the Sasl software.

I am a member of the IBM AIX development team, and our current objective is to rebuild the AIX Sasl - 2.1.28, which is presently based on an older version of Sasl, with the latest OpenSSL 3.0. Unfortunately, we have encountered some challenges during this process.

Recognizing that OpenSSL 3.0 introduces several new features and enhancements, including improved security protocols, I am keen to explore the compatibility of Sasl with this latest OpenSSL version.

As per my understanding, the current cyrus sasl version (2.1.28) seems to exclusively support OpenSSL 1.1. Could you please confirm this information? If there is a Sasl version that supports OpenSSL 3.0, I would appreciate it if you could provide us with the relevant link. Alternatively, if such support is not currently available, could you inform us of any plans for integration in the near future?

If there are any updates, patches, or plans in place for OpenSSL 3.0 support, I would greatly appreciate it if you could furnish me with the pertinent information or direct me to the appropriate resources.

Thank you for your time and assistance. I look forward to your prompt response.

Regards,
Madhu Krishna