From: leo via SASL <sasl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: SASL <sasl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: FreeBSD / SASL couldn't init cipher
Date: 12/16/2023 10:15:13 PM

Hello,

I use FreeBSD 14.0 release.
I'm trying to use Cyrus-IMAPd 3.8 with Cyrus-SASLauthd, I've built them from ports or from packages but I ultimately face the same issue : When I reach the moment where I have to configure cyradm, there's an error that I cannot understand or debug.

cyradm -u cyrus localhost
Password: ********
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

I don't know where to start investigation, I went to the logs but there only was the same error without any pointers.

tail -f /var/log/messages
Dec 16 22:13:25 *** imap[65949]: SASL couldn't init cipher
Dec 16 22:13:25 *** imap[65949]: login: localhost [127.0.0.1] cyrus DIGEST-MD5 User logged in SESSIONID=<****.****.***-1702761200-65949-1-11910669555581225800>
Dec 16 22:13:25 *** kernel: pid 65948 (perl), jid 0, uid 0: exited on signal 11 (core dumped)
Someone has any clue about how identify that problem here ?
Google didn't help on that one...

Thanks,

--
Leo.
Cyrus / SASL / seediscussions +participants +delivery options