Re: Invalid module format

Rudolf Deilmann <rudolf.deilmann@xxxxxxxxx> :
> I've tried it again now with opensuse 11.1 ( CONFIG_BLK_DEV_LOOP=m )
> and ubuntu 9.04 ( CONFIG_BLK_DEV_LOOP=y ).

Very interesting. Seems SuSE improves its ways. In case of CONFIG_BLK_DEV_LOOP=m you should be able to compile and load loop-aes module without any changes at all.

> I made some very trivial changes in the source code of loop-aes and the
> util-linux patches  ( in the main, I've renamed functions like
> loop_unregister_transfer , and used different ioctls and a different
> block major number for loop-aes)

The part "loop_unregister_transfer" was returned by dmesg after a failure to load loop.ko. I am uncertain what happens when you tamper with loop-aes source code. The readme is very clear at this point, when the kernel config states CONFIG_BLK_DEV_LOOP=y, then a recompile is needed.
I´ll try on a spare disk with my desktop pc as the netbook is too slow for kernel compiling.

Kind regards,
Peter

-