Re: Partitions on loopback

I've stumbled upon a problem that I didn't think would appear.

For some reason losetup complains that I haven't got AES in kernel which
I know is a lie.
I've tried recompiling my kernel several times.
I've recompiled loop-aes several times
I've tried debians loop-aes-utils
I've compiled it like the README does it.

The odd thing is it worked just a day or so ago.
Could it have something to do with my installing 2.6.11 instead of
2.6.8?

This is my command and error.
# losetup -e AES256 -K key.gpg /dev/loop7 runner

ioctl: LOOP_SET_STATUS: Invalid argument, requested cipher or key length
(256 bits) not supported by kernel

When trying to mount the loop module built by loop-aes I get another
error.

FATAL: Error inserting loop (/lib/modules/2.6.11.6/block/loop.ko):
Input/output error

It also complains about some major 7 thing so I'm thinking this might
have something to do with aliasing even though it says in the tutorial
you shouldn't need to alias.

# CONFIG_BLK_DEV_LOOP is not set
CONFIG_CRYPTO=y
CONFIG_CRYPTO_SHA1=y