Re: Somebody stop the junk mail!

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005, Hubert Chan wrote:

> day that I used to.  I hate seeing spam on linux-crypto, and all the
> other mailing lists that I read, too.  I just don't think that locking
> out non-subscribers is the right way to solve it.

I agree.  I really don't care whether the linux-crypto
lists is subscribers-only or open posting - let the
users make the choice and I'll configure the list
accordingly.

Note that the lists already are behind quite a few spam
filters - several DNSBLs used in different ways, then a
spamassassin that learns from spamtraps and another
filter with regexps.  For some reason this mailing list
appears to be targetted with spam much more than the
others ...

-