Re: Discovery (port 8765) service not starting

Thank you, Redouane!

Some background.

I migrated to Ceph amidst a Perfect Storm. The Ceph docs, as I've often
complained, were/are a horrible mish-mash of deprecated instructions
and more modern information. So, among other things, I ended up with a
mess of resources, some legacy-based, some managed, and some OSDs that
managed to get defined as both.

On top of that, this was Ceph Octopus, which had the flaw that
scheduled changes to the system would hang until the system was in OK
status, but the way to make the system OK was to have those scheduled
changes actually executed.

I managed to clear that part out by migrating to Pacific. I originally
settled on Octopus because I wrongly had thought that no newer release
was supported standard under CentOS 7.

Over time I thought I'd managed to get the system clean, via a
combination of documented processes and occasional brute force, but it
looks like something may not have been configured/activated, since as I
said, I see no traffic targeting port 8765 not anyone listening there.

So if you could guide me on fixing that, I'd be grateful.

  Tim