Re: State of nfs-ganesha CEPH fsal

Hi,

I've been testing below options out, but I still have the same problem
that files are not visible on different clients. After a "touch" of a
new file (or directory) all files are visible again. It definitly
looks like a directory cache problem.

Client mount options like "noac" or "actimeo=0" solved it for some,
but after a while the clients ran into the same problem again. I'm a
bit at a loss here, so hopefully someone can shed some more light on
this annoying problem.

It seems when I restart the NFS-server, the problem disappears for a
while. After a week or so, the problem resurfaced.

I've used the following options for the NFS-Ganesha config:
NFSv4
{
        DomainName = "<<domain>>";
        IdmapConf = "/etc/idmapd.conf";
}
NFS_KRB5
{
        Active_krb5 = false;
}

NFS_DupReq_Hash
{
        Index_Size = 17 ;
        Alphabet_Length = 10 ;
}

NFSv4_ClientId_Cache
{
        Index_Size = 17 ;
        Alphabet_Length = 10 ;
}

CEPH
{
}

CacheInode_Client
{
        Entry_Prealloc_PoolSize = 1000 ;
        Attr_Expiration_Time = Immediate ;
        Symlink_Expiration_Time = Immediate ;
        Directory_Expiration_Time = Immediate ;
        Use_Test_Access = 1 ;
}

CacheInode
{
        Attr_Expiration_Time = 0 ;
        Use_Getattr_Directory_Invalidation = true;
}

EXPORT_DEFAULTS
{
        Disable_ACL = FALSE;