Re: State of nfs-ganesha CEPH fsal

Hi,

On 07/28/2015 11:08 AM, Haomai Wang wrote:
On Tue, Jul 28, 2015 at 4:47 PM, Gregory Farnum <greg@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Jul 28, 2015 at 8:01 AM, Burkhard Linke
<Burkhard.Linke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

*snipsnap*
Can you give some details on that issues? I'm currently looking for a way to provide NFS based access to CephFS to our desktop machines.
Ummm...sadly I can't; we don't appear to have any tracker tickets and
I'm not sure where the report went to. :( I think it was from
Haomai...
My fault, I should report this to ticket.

I have forgotten the details about the problem, I submit the infos to IRC :-(

It related to the "ls" output. It will print the wrong user/group
owner as "-1", maybe related to root squash?
Are you sure this problem is related to the CephFS FSAL? I also had a hard time setting up ganesha correctly, especially with respect to user and group mappings, especially with a kerberized setup.

I'm currently running a small test setup with one server and one client to single out the last kerberos related problems (nfs-ganesha 2.2.0 / Ceph Hammer 0.94.2 / Ubuntu 14.04). User/group listings have been OK so far. Do you remember whether the problem occurs every time or just arbitrarily?

Best regards,
Burkhard