Re: State of nfs-ganesha CEPH fsal

Hi,

On 10/28/2015 03:08 PM, Dennis Kramer (DT) wrote:

Sorry for raising this topic from the dead, but i'm having the same
issues with NFS-GANESHA /w the wrong user/group information.

Do you maybe have a working ganesha.conf? I'm assuming I might
mis-configured something in this file. It's also nice to have some
reference config file from a working FSAL CEPH, the sample config is
very minimalistic.

I also have another issue with files that are not immediately visible
in a NFS folder after another system (using the same NFS) has created
it. There seems to be a slight delay before all system have the same
directory listing. This can be enforced by creating a *new* file in
this directory which will cause a refresh on this folder. Changing
directories also helps on affected system(s).

I've been testing ganesha with a kerberos setup as alternative to kernel-nfs and re-exporting a ceph/ceph-fuse mountpoint (side note: ceph-fuse and kernel-nfs do not play well, use kernel cephfs in this case...)

The ganesha.conf I've used looks like this:

NFS_KRB5
{
        PrincipalName = "nfs";
        KeytabPath = /etc/krb5.keytab ;
        Active_krb5 = true ;
}

NFSv4
{
    # Set an alternative path for libnfsidmap configuration file
    IdmapConf = /etc/idmapd.conf;
}

NFS_CORE_PARAM {
    NFS_Protocols = 4;
}

EXPORT_DEFAULT {
    Protocols = 4;
    Transports = TCP;
    SecType = "krb5p";
}

EXPORT {
    Export_ID = 2;
    Path = "/ceph_subdiretory_to_mount";
    Pseudo = "/exported_name_of_the_subdirectory";
    SecType = "krb5p";

    FSAL {
        Name = CEPH;
    }
    CLIENT {
        Clients = <test client IP>;
        Access_Type = RW;
    }
}

On the testclient I've mounted it with

mount.nfs <test server>:/exported_name_.... /mnt -o rw,noatime,fsc,nfsvers=4,intr,ac,sec=krb5p

Accessing files work as expected:

$ ls /mnt
-bash: cd: /mnt: Permission denied
$ klist
klist: Credentials cache file '/tmp/krb5cc_XYZ' not found
$ kinit
Password for XYZ@XYZ:
$ klist
< ticket details >
$ ls /mnt
< directory content >

The difficult part is setting up kerberos correctly (keytab, id mapping etc.). It took me some time to figure it out. You need a very recent version of ganesha (I'm using 2.1.0). And you should test the setup before trying to use the ceph fsal, e.g. with a local directory:

EXPORT
{
     Export_ID = 3;
     Path = "/opt";
     Pseudo = "/test";
     SecType = "krb5p";
     FSAL {
        Name = VFS;
     }
     CLIENT {
        Clients = <test client IP>;
        Access_Type = RW;
     }
}

(different Export_ID and pseudo are mandatory!)

No tests with root squash so far, but at least the kerberos part is working.

Regards,
Burkhard