Re: State of nfs-ganesha CEPH fsal

Hi Dennis,

We're using NFS Ganesha here as well. I can send you my configuration which is working but we squash users and groups down to a particular uid/gid, so it may not be super helpful for you.

I think files not being immediately visible is working as intended, due to directory caching. I _believe_ what you need to do is set the following (comments shamelessly stolen from the Gluster FSAL):
    # If thuis flag is set to yes, a getattr is performed each time a readdir is done
    # if mtime do not match, the directory is renewed. This will make the cache more
    # synchronous to the FSAL, but will strongly decrease the directory cache performance
    Use_Getattr_Directory_Invalidation = true;

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
Lincoln