Re: Troubleshooting Incomplete PGs

On Oct 28, 2014, at 5:20 PM, Lincoln Bryant wrote:
> Hi Greg, Loic,
>
> I think we have seen this as well (sent a mail to the list a week or so ago about incomplete pgs). I ended up giving up on the data and doing a force_create_pgs after doing a find on my OSDs and deleting the relevant pg dirs. If there are any logs etc you'd like to see for debugging / post-mortem, I'd be happy to send them along.

Hello, all. I got some advice from the IRC channel (thanks bloodice!) that I temporarily reduce the min_size of my cluster (size = 2) from 2 down to 1. That immediately caused all of my incomplete PGs to start recovering and everything seemed to come back OK. I was serving out and RBD from here and xfs_repair reported no problems. So... happy ending?

What started this all was that I was altering my CRUSH map causing significant rebalancing on my cluster which had size = 2. During this process I lost an OSD (osd.10) and eventually ended up with incomplete PGs. Knowing that I only lost 1 osd I was pretty sure that I hadn't lost any data I just couldn't get the PGs to recover without changing the min_size.