Re: Troubleshooting Incomplete PGs

On Oct 22, 2014, at 8:22 PM, Craig Lewis wrote:
Shot in the dark: try manually deep-scrubbing the PG.  You could also try marking various osd's OUT, in an attempt to get the acting set to include osd.25 again, then do the deep-scrub again.  That probably won't help though, because the pg query says it probed osd.25 already... actually , it doesn't.  osd.25 is in "probing_osds" not "probed_osds". The deep-scrub might move things along.

Re-reading your original post, if you marked the slow osds OUT, but left them running, you should not have lost data.

That's true. I just marked them out. I did lose osd.10 (in addition to out'ting those other two OSDs) so I'm not out of the woods yet.

If the scrubs don't help, it's probably time to hop on IRC.

When I issue the deep-scrub command the cluster just doesn't scrub it. Same for regular scrub. :(

This pool was offering an RBD which I've lost my connection to and it won't remount so my data is totally inaccessible at the moment. Thanks for your help so far!