Re: Troubleshooting Incomplete PGs

Hi Chris,

Would you be so kind as to attach to http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/9752 the osdmaps that are relevant ( 4663 and 4685 would be helpfull) ? If my request is unclear I can guide you. Please note that I'm in Paris France and about to disconnect (11pm here ;-). I'll read you in the morning though.

Cheers

On 28/10/2014 22:11, Gregory Farnum wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 6:41 AM, Chris Kitzmiller
> <ckitzmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Oct 22, 2014, at 8:22 PM, Craig Lewis wrote:
>>
>> Shot in the dark: try manually deep-scrubbing the PG.  You could also try
>> marking various osd's OUT, in an attempt to get the acting set to include
>> osd.25 again, then do the deep-scrub again.  That probably won't help
>> though, because the pg query says it probed osd.25 already... actually , it
>> doesn't.  osd.25 is in "probing_osds" not "probed_osds". The deep-scrub
>> might move things along.
>>
>> Re-reading your original post, if you marked the slow osds OUT, but left
>> them running, you should not have lost data.
>>

>> That's true. I just marked them out. I did lose osd.10 (in addition to
>> out'ting those other two OSDs) so I'm not out of the woods yet.
>>
>> If the scrubs don't help, it's probably time to hop on IRC.
>>

>> When I issue the deep-scrub command the cluster just doesn't scrub it. Same
>> for regular scrub. :(
>>
>> This pool was offering an RBD which I've lost my connection to and it won't
>> remount so my data is totally inaccessible at the moment. Thanks for your
>> help so far!
>
> It looks like you are suffering from
> http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/9752, which we've not yet seen in-house
> but have had reported a few times. I suspect that Loic (CC'ed) would
> like to discuss your cluster's history with you to try and narrow it
> down.
> -Greg

Loïc Dachary, Artisan Logiciel Libre