Re: Request for ceph.conf environment extension

On 05/06/2013 10:16 AM, Jens Kristian Søgaard wrote:
Hi,

Just from a raw performance perspective, you might
want to make sure that the switch can handle lots of randomly
distributed traffic between all of the ports well.  I'd expect that it
shouldn't be too terrible, but who knows.

It has been many years since I've seen a switch have problems with that.
This switch has a 160 Gb/s backplane, so I don't foresee any problems.

Especially considering that I'm mixing the public and private networks
on the same switch.

On really big deployments, static routing becomes a pretty big issue.
Dynamic routing, or at least well optimized routes can make a huge

I use dedicated routers for routing, the switch is just a "dumb" L2-switch.

I'm looking at a very small deployment (probably 8 servers).

Ha, ok. I suspect you'll be fine. Nothing like over-thinking the problem right? :)