Re: Request for ceph.conf environment extension

2013/5/6 Andreas Friedrich <andreas.friedrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> To enable the LD_PRELOAD mechanism for the Ceph daemons only, a little
> generic extension in the global section of /etc/ceph/ceph.conf would
> be helpful, e.g.:
>
> [global]
>         environment = LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib64/libsdp.so.1
>
> The appending patch adds 5 lines in the Bobtail (0.56.6) init script.
> The init script will then read the environment setting and - if present -
> call the Ceph daemons with the preceding environment string.

Cool! We are planning the same infrastructure with IB as networking.
Could you share more details about this?
 - which performance are you having and on which hardware?
 - any issue with IB and SDP?
 - are you able to use the newer rsockets and not SDP? It also has a
preloader library and is still developed (SDP is deprecated)