Re: Request for ceph.conf environment extension

Hi,

I'm just supposing, i'm also evaluating the same network topology
like you.

I have tested my current setup for a while with just triple-bonded GbE,
and haven't found the need for more features. I might be wrong ofcourse :-)

There is a lowcost. 12x 10GbaseT switch from Netgear.

I was looking at the Netgear XS708E which is very low cost compared to
what the prices were 6 months ago when I looked at it last.

What I don't know is how those prices compare to IB pricing.

on cluster network and IB to public network). Do you think will be
possible to use all ceph services (RBD, RGW, CephFS, QEMU, ...) via
SDP/rsockets ?

I haven't tried SDP/rsocket, so I don't know. From what I have
experienced in the past, these things doesn't seem to be completely
"drop in and forget about it" - there's always something that is not
completely compatible with ordinary TCP/IP sockets.

On ebay there are many IB switches sold at 1000-1500$ with 24 or 36
DDR ports. If used with SDP/rsockets you should archieve more or less
18Gbps

That sounds cheap yes, but I assume that is used equipment?
I was looking at costs for new equipment.

--
Jens Kristian Søgaard, Mermaid Consulting ApS,
jens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,