Re: Request for ceph.conf environment extension

2013/5/6 Jens Kristian Søgaard <jens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> I was actually going to put both the public and private network on the same
> 10 GbE. Why do you think I need more features?

I'm just supposing, i'm also evaluating the same network topology like you.

There is a lowcost. 12x 10GbaseT switch from Netgear.

I'm also evaluating to create a full IB network dedicated to ceph (IB
on cluster network and IB to public network). Do you think will be
possible to use all ceph services (RBD, RGW, CephFS, QEMU, ...) via
SDP/rsockets ?

On ebay there are many IB switches sold at 1000-1500$ with 24 or 36
DDR ports. If used with SDP/rsockets you should archieve more or less
18Gbps