[Centos] mimedefang & milter-greylist packages

On Wed, 2005-03-16 at 04:17, Henk van Lingen wrote:
>   >
>   > I silently drop known viruses since virtually all of them for the last
>   > few years have forged the sending address,
>
>   Great, I do the same. (However, some may think this is 'hiding the
>   problem' :-)). BTW: if you just drop, why do you care about before
>   or after smtp-time?

I used to reject them with 5xx SMTP errors which would normally cause
them to be dropped anyway when sent directly by a virus-infected box.
However, now some send through relays and those would be obligated by
the rejection to construct and return a bounce message.  I'm in favor of
hiding problems - especially from people who can't solve them...

For spam, though, I want the option of a 5xx reject after the scan. You
really don't want to have to construct your own bounces and let them
clog the outbound queue for those.  Also, temp-failing messages with a
4xx response at a certain spam-score threshold from previously unknown
senders on the first attempt is probably the best defense against spam
right now.  I just haven't had time to set it up to do that yet.