[Centos] mimedefang & milter-greylist packages

On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 05:49:55PM -0600, Les Mikesell wrote:

  > I don't see anything in there about being able to chat over a socket
  > with concurrently running scanning programs.  If you have to start and
  > initialize your scanners for every message with a pipe-to-program
  > interface it is not surprising that you have load problems.

  Yes, i know. I use clamd for this. Implemented with 'clamsmtp' running
  on an extra postfix interface as documented on:

  http://www.postfix.org/FILTER_README.html#advanced_filter

  You can also plug in Amavisd-new there, but I don't need that as I only
  use ClamAV, and not a bunch of scanners in a row.

  You can also use clamd before the 'dot on a single line'. The performance
  questions I meant are these:

  http://www.postfix.org/SMTPD_PROXY_README.html#pros_cons

  > >  As long as you don't join those idiots that
  > >   bounce virus errors...
  >
  > I silently drop known viruses since virtually all of them for the last
  > few years have forged the sending address,

  Great, I do the same. (However, some may think this is 'hiding the
  problem' :-)). BTW: if you just drop, why do you care about before
  or after smtp-time?

  Cheers,

  PS: Lots of viruses don't reach my virusscanner as I reject (5xx) mail with
  (exe|com|vbs|... etc ) attachments. Done via header/body checks, i.e.
  before the 'dot on a single line'.

--
Henk van Lingen, Systems & Network Administrator              (o-      -+
Dept. of Computer Science, Utrecht University.                /\        |