Re: Fetchmail?

Ok,  I still have the same two problems.

This is a new install of Slackware 9, speakup, with cable broadband.

1.  Pine (4.53): despite going through all possible setup/config
settings, still only uses my login name (bobh) as an email name,
rather than any of my pop3 mailbox names.

2.  Fetchmail:  despite checking all possible cl switches and having
had advice for lines to put in the .fetchmailrc file (replicating cl
switches), still cannot make a distinction between login id to the
pop3 server and mailbox name, which is different.  Since
Blueyonder.co.uk have aliasing of users mailbox names to the one
single obscure login id; there needs to be the option of presenting a
different string when checking for messages, as opposed to that used
in the login validation process.

I don't know how else to put all this.

It's sending me up the wall, it would almost be worth paying
virgin.net or someone where id and mailbox name are at least the same
and this is the given assumption of Fetchmail.

GA!