Fetchmail?

I'm fiddling around trying to figure where to put an option so that:-

1.  sendmail or Pine don't use local login names or local host to form
email addresses.

2.  To get fetchmail to collect mail from a pop3 host with a name
other than that of the given login name or id passed on the command
line.  Virgin addresses are accessed by the user given email name is
the id to login to the pop3 server with.  Blueyonder.co.uk works
entirely differently and so far, haven't managed to receive a thing
and not managed to get anything out that could be replied to.

Other options to put in the .fetchmailrc  file would help if I could
find reference to them.

GA!

.....     or someone very like me!

Spinning head and not sure any more.