Re: Fetchmail?

Guy Abandon. writes:

> pine OFFERS NO OPTION IN THE PINE.CONF OR .PINERC FILE FOR THE USER'S
> EMAIL NAME.  real NAME AND DOMAIN, BUT IT'S STILL GETTING MY LOGIN

No, not in the files, in it's configuration screens. Type 'm' to go to
main menu, 's' for setup, 'c' for configuration. Something like that.
I'm sorry, I no longer use Pine and don't have it available on a system
I can get to at the moment.

> I have found the sendmail -fname option which would have the desired
> results, but this doesn't help the pine to know of this.  .

I don't follow you. On Debian you would rerun the sendmailconfig script.
On Red Hat you would edit /etc/mail/sendmail.mc and running make per the
instructions at the top of this file.

Is this what you're doing? What distro are you talking about? Please
provide more information so that folks can actually help you
meaningfully.

				Janina Sajka, Director
				Technology Research and Development
				Governmental Relations Group