From: "Osvaldo La Rosa" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <blinux-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, July 18, 2003 4:10 AM
Subject: Re: discussion:Fw: [The vOICe] Linux? Yes, probably

I'm agree to explain why I think that ... :
On Thu, Jul 17, 2003 at 11:42:31AM +0200, Doug wrote:
> Osvaldo said:
> > equival to discriminating people
> Sounds like a stretch of the definition to me.
Well, does any alternatives already exist, or any other
equivalent product?
if the answer is:
- yes it exists but not for Linux, then I consider that this
discriminates me since I only use Linux as os, (and I'm probably not the
one and only to do that)
- if the answer is no, anyway no alternatives for Linux, then it means
the product must be ported, and to port it the community need the code:
not giving the code is an empeachment of development of solutions for
us, so it reduces my accessibility, it requires that I should continue
using a o s taht supports that product, so I feel it as an encouragement
for proprietary solutions and a discrimination to people who prefers
another choice.

> Discriminating: to make a difference in treatment or
Thats jsut what I explained.
> favor on a basis other than individual merit
> <discriminate in favor of your friends>
> <discriminate against a certain nationality>
This is a strechted vision of the subject I think so.

Osvaldo.
PS: accepting to gie the code prevents people to hack (sorry to crack)
for obtaining the same thing... think about it!!!