Re: First working Alpha version of debian-installer with brlttysupport

On Wed, 11 Dec 2002, Mario Lang wrote:

> It was quite hard to fit all on one floppy (kernel+initrd),
> so I had to do some modifications by hand (pack
> kernel with upx, and delete all brltty modules
> except ht and ts).

It's worth noting that if you have a CD burner, then you can use a 2.88
Mbyte floppy image and use it when burning CDs.

Not ideal, perhaps, but good for testing (and be sure to use rewritable
CDs).

Booting off a LAN is another good way to test. I've not tried booting
from hard drive, but that should work even better.

Figuring out what goes on the boot floppy itself can be done later, and
may require a separate driver floppy.