From: "Ari Moisio" <armoi@sci.fi>
To: <blinux-list@redhat.com>
Sent: Wednesday, December 11, 2002 1:26 PM
Subject: Re: [OT] Blinux dd command to copy key disks

> Hi!
>
>   NO way to success, jaws will expect similar errors on copied disk.
>
>   And why use windows anyway, Linux is much easier; i wrote a braille
> display driver on two days, same time i needed to learn to use outlook.
>
>  And somebody still says Linux is hard to learn:-)
>
>  Kieran OSullivan 11.12.02:
>
> >I am trying to backup a jaws key disk incase the original gets dammaged
and I have been using the dd command to do so.  However the "bad" secotors
on th disk are defeating dd.  I have 2 solutions. 1. find an dos/windows
based program which will do this or 2. turn off the error reporting in linux
for floppy disks.  Anyone know how to turn off error checking in linux for
floppies tried /etc/fdprm but that wasn't a lot of help.