Redhat Serial Installation (Was Re: FreeBSD Access (WasRe: ultrasonix ) )

It's possible that the 'linux' command is the wrong element. Check a
directory listing to see what the kernel's name actually is. It's likely
to be vmlinuz, for example.
 On Mon, 15 Oct 2001, Tim Pennick wrote:

> While we're on the subject of serial installations, has anyone managed to do
> this with Red Hat?  I've read th installation stuff, part of which says that
> you can just type 'linux console=/dev/ttys0' at the boot prompt, but I didn't
> manage to get this working, possibly because I didn't have the right cable.
> I've since tried to get my now working Linux system to start listening for a
> login on the serial port, but I can't work out what is the correct 'getty'
> program to run to get this set up.  Red Hat seems to come with 'agetty' but
> doesn't have a manual page for this, so I haven't been able to work out how it
> works.
>
> Regards,
>
> Tim Pennick

				Janina Sajka, Director
				Technology Research and Development
				Governmental Relations Group
				American Foundation for the Blind (AFB)

Email: janina@afb.net		Phone: (202) 408-8175

Chair, Accessibility SIG
Open Electronic Book Forum (OEBF)
http://www.openebook.org

Surpassing Gutenberg, at http://www.afb.org/ebook.asp

http://www.afb.org/mlkweb.asp

Learn how to make accessible software at
http://www.afb.org/accessapp.asp