Fw: Linux desktop push could benefit disabled

A few months ago (before I delete my bookmarks-file ;) ), I read through
the hole standard what they were plannign with gnome.
Now from memory (cause I don't have time to look it up now):
- full keybord access
- everything build right into the libs, so that if someone uses the
standard libs it's accessible immediately
- even working on qt-application like netscape to work without much effort
- clear interface to applications as well as screen-reader software

I think GUI is a good thing if accessible enough.
Certainly if you need like say Wordprefect 8 or star/open office for yoru
work

As soon as these aplications are accessible voa ghe GUI interface, a lot
more blind people may turn to linux because now they simply cna
create/read/edit there windows files.
A lot of universiteis want reports in word, how isck it may be.

This would even open up the use of vmware and windoz in it for linux users
like us.

The reason console-stuff is beeing maintained so well is becasue a lto fo
sighted people do a lot in console-mode.
BEcause of the fact that you have a lot more control over what you are
doing and (as specially remote) wokr makes it a lot easier on bandwith and
cpu-power.

I think this is a great step and I hope it will work.

I think everything will be GPL which makes it possible for our community to
correct immortal sins like pointed out in this thread befroe (to big
monopolist).

FREE software not only means rhe open0source stuff, but also the freedom to
chose.
YOu don't have to use GUI interfaces, but it would be great if you cna
choose to do it right?

--
slainte mhaith (good health), slainte (cheers)
Uisce Beatha (water of live/health)