artic

--XOIedfhf+7KOe/yw

On Sat, Oct 13, 2001 at 06:17:01PM -0500, Raul A. Gallegos wrote:
> Well I guess that depends on what you determine as bad?  I use a
> speak-out from Gw micro and I think it sounds great but the new
> synthesizer user would not give it a second glance.  I have an artic
> transport and because I'm used to its speech I think it sounds fine.  My
> favorite right now though is the doubletalk.

This is surely a sign of a small cashflow or insanity.  Yuck!  With very
careful settings work I can make an Accent tollerable.  I can use a
Keynote as well.  Neither of these works in Linux in a small enough form
factor for my laptop though, which is where I need it most.

> I guess what it comes down to is what you are used to and what is good
> for your ear.

I still say you're nuts.  *grin*  But then, so are people who actually
like the sound of the Braille'n'Speak which to me sounds like someone
put a recording through a blender.

--=20
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@bluecherry.net>            Free software developer

"This is the element_data structure for elements whose *element_type =3D
FORM_TYPE_SELECT_ONE, FORM_TYPE_SELECT_MULT. */ /* * nesting deeper
and deeper, harder and harder, go, go, oh, OH, OHHHHH!! * Sorry, got
carried away there. */ struct lo_FormElementOptionData_struct."
        -- Mozilla source code

--XOIedfhf+7KOe/yw

--XOIedfhf+7KOe/yw--