From: "Tommy Craig" <tecraig@earthlink.net>
To: <blinux-list@redhat.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2001 5:44 PM
Subject: Re: the Papenmeir device that was supposed to be coming out

Hi Luke,

    I certainly didn't intend to offend anyone either. I do believe that
statistically though I am on safe ground. One statistic is that 80% of
blind
people are unemployed and that 80% of the ones who are employed are
Braille
users. I based my statements on my experience and on the people I have
worked with and trained throughout the years. Of course there are
exceptions
to every rule. I also believe that there is a huge difference in the
Braille
display you are using. For example, using an eighty character display is
much more productive than using a 20 or 40 cell display.
Tommy