the Papenmeir device that was supposed to be coming out

I've read braille since I was little, but the first computers I used were
with speech only. I probably didn't know about refreshable braille that
long ago, it was a big thing at school to have the teachers able to braille
stuff on one of those old braille embossers that also put print underneath
for sighted people to follow, that was high tech in it's day. Using a
braille lite for a short time while the braille 'n speak was being repaired
was cool, definitely like it, but got used to speech first.