Re: Mandrake 9.0 and HPT370 help

Please use a word wrap setting <80 in your posts here. I realize that it
may be difficult in a Webmail client, but you could write your posts in
an external editor and paste them into the browser.

On Mon, Oct 14, 2002 at 02:03:27AM -0700, Dragan Toroman wrote:
> I know HighPoint released a binary driver for RH7.3 and OpenSource
> driver to... Does anybody know is it possible to use it under Mandrake
> 9.0? (and how :))

I use the Red Hat 7.3 kernel and initrd to boot Slackware 8.1, so yes,
it is possible. However since Mandrake uses a patched kernel, some of
the features you might expect (supermount is one example I can think of)
will not work.

> It would be nice if someone could give complete instalation
> procedure... from instalation to configuring...

I did post some of my story here last month. It's in the list archives.
Post here if you have any specific questions. You might also want to
review the ATA-RAID-HOWTO at tldp.org.

    Rob - /dev/rob0