Re: LocationMatch inside VirtualHost? [solved: bug]

Viaduct Productions wrote:
On 14-Apr-09, at 7:15 AM, André Warnier wrote:

It is maybe worth remembering that you get this software for free, as you are getting assistance for free on this users list. It is always an option to pay someone to offer you personal and tailored assistance and training.

You know, this is a typical open source attitude. Regardless if it's free, it's based upon the invite of the open source community to come in and use the software in order to gain something. It wasn't MY decision to publish it for free, and offering it for free is no excuse to publish poor software that might suggest issues, or an excuse to publish poor documentation. In so doing, you are misleading people and quite simply wasting their time.

This is whining - it gets you nowhere. Apache httpd has excellent documentation
and you can purchase some rather good books as well.

I like many others here have offered commercial support for FLOSS in the past.
Your comment is very similar to the many web design houses we heard from thinking
that if they complained loudly enough we would work for nothing - they all got
a polite but firm response.

Both commercial and free support has its returns - in the commercial arena you pay (me)
to find the nature of the problem and fix it. In the free side of things, you provide
(hopefully) enough well structured test data to allow people on this list to either
point you in the right direction or fix it. The test data and the "thank you" is the
payment.

You want the commercial support without paying for it.

Jacqui