Re: preupgrade stuck

David Timms wrote:
On 11/05/09 04:41, Gerry Reno wrote:
Whenever I've run into some type of 'yum upgrade' dependency problems
that were very involved or too complex to solve I've noticed that if I
do an 'anaconda upgrade' that for whatever reason these problems don't
seem to get in the way of anaconda being able to upgrade the system.
I was interested in the answer to that so I asked on fedora-devel: see the responses at:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.devel/112941

DaveT
I figured anaconda was doing --nodeps in order to get through all the dependency hell. Running from a separate environment gives it the latitude to be able to do that as they pointed out. Essentially anaconda operates in "rescue mode" and performs operations against the installed system while the installed system is not running. Makes sense and explains the difference in behavior.

Regards,
Gerry