Re: preupgrade stuck

Gerry Reno wrote:
dependencies. So what good is '--skip-broken' if it isn't going to skip anything?
I imagine that each noted 'broken' package also depended on other packages being upgradable, which eventually leads to marking all packages as broken, and hence nothing to do.

Differing from F9-10 for example, F11 is fully rebuilt with a new gcc, and sporting an i586 binary type. This might require the upgrade to be an all or nothing situation.

I didn't notice if you have tried doing eg yum update rpm yum first, in case that helps.

Also the noting which packages yum is having trouble with might lead you to a method to upgrade manually.

package-cleanup --orphans
might tell you installed packages that might be needing updates, but that are not part of your transaction set/upgrade.

If you don't want to uninstall orphans, I think you could rpm -e --justdb (from memory), so that they stay installed during the upgrade, but then rpm reinstall --justdb afterwards.

DaveT.