Re: trouble starting NIS on CentOS after update

Andreas Keller wrote:
> My problem:
> since last update on Centos I cann't start some services for example NIS,
> bat i need to update enother services. How cann I find out which service
> which
> files include, in order to download and update corresponding packages from
> all available?
yum check-update

You might want to take a look at recent updates which (in Fedora at least) are logged to /var/log/yum.log and similar named files.

On the off chance you are using vmware and had to vmware-config, you might need to:
restorecon -vR /etc/

ps. I started a new thread since your's seems to be unrelated to the article thread. It's a good idea to summarize your issue in the message subject ;-)

DaveT.