Re: [Fedora Robotics] Installing ROS on Fedora 18, and "the pcl issue" -- is there any hope?

On 03/23/2013 10:58 PM, Ankur Sinha wrote:

The build that I tried last night was against the ROS Fuerte underlay
from my copr[1], if you're interested I could create a ros-fuerte-pcl
srpm and build it there pretty easily.
At the moment, I need to run fuerte on my fedora system for work,
somehow. It'd be great if you could provide a pcl package that would
work :)

PS: The project I'm working on might shift to Groovy in the near future.
Some folks tried it and said that there are huge improvements in Groovy.
I might look into packaging Groovy in the near future.

Hi Ankur,

I diffed my local patch against the one in PCL ticket 699, turns out I did modify it to make it work with the Fedora package at some point (and didn't rename it...ugh.) So I threw it up on my fedorapeople site for now[1]. It's going to take me a while to spin up an SRPM that can install to /opt with the rest of my ros fuerte packages, so in the meantime feel free to play with the patch. It should apply cleanly to the Fedora srpm in master, and you'll have to make sure to source the setup.sh and add -DUSE_ROS=ON to the CMake call like I specified in the earlier email.

Packaging groovy to install to /usr is going to be a giant pain, but definitely give it a try. I posted what I have so far on my fedorapeople if you want to check it out[2]. The build order should be similar to the order in [3].

Rich

[1] http://rmattes.fedorapeople.org/ros-fuerte/pcl-1.6.0-rosintegration.patch
[2] http://rmattes.fedorapeople.org/ros-groovy/
[3] http://rmattes.fedorapeople.org/ros-fuerte/fuerte-repobuild.txt