Re: [Fedora Robotics] Installing ROS on Fedora 18, and "the pcl issue" -- is there any hope?

On 3 December 2012 23:17, Rich Mattes <richmattes@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
After hacking on this issue for a while, the best solution I have found is to package the core ros stack (or otherwise have it available,) and then build PCL with the issue 699 patch and USE_ROS set to true.

AAAAAGH -- I just rebuilt the rpm with that patch included -- took nearly three hours -- and retried the rosmake -a command, and it still fails with the same error. I see that there's a "metadata.xml" file inside the patch -- should that be copied somewhere useful?

Thanks for your help -- I'm still optimistic ...

MEF

--
Mary Ellen Foster -- http://www.macs.hw.ac.uk/~mef3/
Interaction Lab -- http://www.macs.hw.ac.uk/InteractionLab

Heriot-Watt University is a Scottish charity registered under charity
number SC000278