Re: [Fedora Robotics] Installing ROS on Fedora 18, and "the pcl issue" -- is there any hope?

On Fri, 2013-03-22 at 09:04 -0400, Rich Mattes wrote:
> You're using the correct patch (the rosintegration-v2 patch.)  It was
> created against PCL 1.6.0, so it should apply cleanly when using the
> current srpm.  I tried it last night, and it seems to be working OK (I
> didn't sit through the whole build process though, just through CMake
> and the first couple files)

Hi Rich,

I think the other patches are conflicting with the ros integration
patch:

Patch0:         PCL-1.4.0-Source-fedora.patch

Is this patch still required? It's for 1.4? My spec is here:

http://paste.fedoraproject.org/5892/93885136

> The build that I tried last night was against the ROS Fuerte underlay
> from my copr[1], if you're interested I could create a ros-fuerte-pcl
> srpm and build it there pretty easily.

At the moment, I need to run fuerte on my fedora system for work,
somehow. It'd be great if you could provide a pcl package that would
work :)

PS: The project I'm working on might shift to Groovy in the near future.
Some folks tried it and said that there are huge improvements in Groovy.
I might look into packaging Groovy in the near future.
--
Thanks,
Warm regards,

Please only print if necessary.