Re: Proposal: Automate fedora-maintainers subscriptions

Christopher Stone wrote:
On 3/20/07, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Christopher Stone wrote:
> On 3/20/07, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Why does games SIG require a separate mailing list?
>
> For the same reason any SIG should have their own list.

That is not a good reason consider no SIG except games has its own
mailing list.

I wouldn't say that.

Fedora-perl-devel-list -> perl SIG
Fedora-music-list -> music and media production SIG
Fedora-security-list -> security SIG

This is incorrect. Fedora-perl-devel list was formed before the concept of SIG's were in place. Fedora music list is not related to the music SIG but was originally created to coordinate on the merge of Planet CCRMA into Fedora Extras. Fedora-security list is not a Extras SIG list either. It deals with security issues not packaging.

There are probably others which you could consider SIGs like mentors,
fr, women etc.  I think if we just relabeled these as fedora-SIG-foo
it would make finding special interest topics easier.

SIG's were originally created to coordinate on packaging. Mentors,fr or Women dont fit into that description at all.

Stuff that only interests people who are interested in games.  Game
specific questions, making a games spin, etc.  Basically people who
are interested in games can peruse our archives and easily find
discussions related to games

I periodically watch discussions at the fedora-games list and my opinions is that those topics would benefit from being discussed in fedora-devel or fedora-maintainers list with more of the community participating. Menu organization of games for example is a topic of interest to not just people packaging games but also folks who care about usability or those who want to make sure that menus follow the relevant specs.

Rahul