LicenseRef-Fedora-SourceLicenses (Was: Re: SPDX Statistics - R.U.R. edition)

Hi Richard,

Going to chop this discssion into smaller parts.

On Fri, Nov 24, 2023 at 08:07:02PM +0100, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> On Mon, 2023-09-18 at 20:47 -0400, Richard Fontana wrote:
> > I think anyone should be free to propose a new umbrella identifier (in
> > SPDX expression format) that would cover multiple licenses, as we've
> > done with `LicenseRef-Fedora-Public-Domain` and
> > `LicenseRef-Fedora-UltraPermissive`. The important thing is that it be
> > well defined in some way.

One idea would be to just collect all licenses, copyrights and notices
as found in the actual sources and put them into one file put in the
srpm. Kind of like debian/copyright. The advantage is that you then
don't have to find some exact (or inexact) match with specific
identifiers and that it can be shared with upstream and/or other
distros. For the packager they can just put
LicenseRef-Fedora-SourceLicenses in the License field instead of
trying to come up with some expression that mimics the actual license
texts. For the users it is also easier to have the actual license
notices text all together in a known place/file.

Cheers,

Mark